Re: Richs storm

Melody, hope you made it home safely.  It is still snowing hard here.  The
conifers, especially the arborvitae, are hanging low as the snow is so wet &
heavy.  I viewed 2 birds in my garden this early morn I have never seen
before.  I first I thought they were extremely fat robins but not.  The
breast is a very dk burnt orange/red (darker than robins) , very rounded
plump body with black feathers (I would describe a robin as brown) except for
the breast area.  Tail feathers are shorter more narrow than a robin.  Must
get my bird book out & try to decide what it may be.
    I heard the weather man state we have had snow every year in April since
1959.  I found that hard to believe.