From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Kitty Morrissy
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2003 11:46 PM
To: Agardenchat
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Tx. skies

Chris,
These are Fritillaria raddeana - much like an F. imperialis, but a bit
shorter, softer-colored, and smell nicer.  One was about a foot; the
other
about 16 inches. They had buds on them.  If the snow is heavy, it could
break them.  They're lovely and expensive and I didn't want to miss
seeing
them in bloom this season.  Some of my other frits, (uva vulpis,
hermonis
var amana) are up, but they're short ones, not quite so sensational and
think they could endure.  I like them, but am not as concerned.  Also
have
assyriaca, camschatcensis, meleagris, and pallidiflora.  But raddeana is
my
favorite.

Kitty