Re: Helleborus foetiditus

Pam, Theresa, Donna, Cathy & Tony,
Your Helleborus foetiditus are on their way. Andrea, I'll dig yours
tomorrow.
I'm not worried about the postage. "Pay it forward" eh. I noticed something
has been munching on last year's seedlings. You may want to quarrantine them
for a while. They're mostly bareroot. You will get 2 or more "yearlings" and
a few sprouts. Let me know how they travel. I'm trying padded mailers with
some foam peanuts to prevent crushing (I hope). Even if they look sad, they
should snap out of it. These are tough plants. Part sun to shade, dry to
moist. Seem to get bigger the more water they get. Mine flower year 2 or 3
for a couple of years, then die. They are prolific seeders. Seed tends to
stay near mother plant, so not hard to control.
The mature foliage is stinky if handled. As I was packaging them in the post
office it occured to me I could use that as a rebuttal if anyone accused me
of shipping marijuana plants. (similiar deeply cut leaves).