RE: Helleborus foetiditus< now moving north, now weather

Amen to that...In the summer, I adapt to the heat like a lizard...just put
me on a warm rock...the cold seems to seep into my bones and inner core...I
have a hard time staying warm in winter...if I go to bed cold, I stay cold,
even with a down comforter.  When young, I lived in Newfoundland for three
years and managed to enjoy the outside but as I grew older, the cold seemed
to bother me more, even with layers...I purchase a lot of my outdoor
clothes from hiking supply stores which helps.  I do like the change of
seasons...my favorite thing is the first hint of each season...here, in
ETN, we get a sample of winter, beautiful spring, and lovely fall if the
conditions are ok.   Right now, we have had rain off and on for the past
three days.  The gardens are full of color...iris, tulips, lilacs, violets,
anemone, fothergilla, helleborus (I have pale green, light pink, and am
looking to add more colors), dogwood, redbud, calycanthus floridus,
chrysogonum virginianum, Aquilegia canadensis, phlox divaricata,
stylophorum diphyllum...each day more comes out.

Thanks to all for the encouragement to plant tulips even though they won't
last...we are enjoying these tremendously...worth their short lives.

Bonnie Zone 6+ ETN