RE: palnts and a question

What about oregon grape? They recommend shade here.
 Can coffeeberry live without sun?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Pamela J. Evans
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 4:36 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] palnts and a question

Judy darlin' - the hellebore got here in fine shape - it's in a pot in
the kitchen window and will plant it this weekend - thanks SO much!!

Sally Ann - my crinum is showing some new growth despite the light freeze
last night!  You're great - both of you!!
Question -
my viburnum in dappled shade did not make it. What is a good small shrub
(3-4' max) wildlife friendly that can survive w/ no direct sun, just
dappled shade all day except in winter? The other Winterthur viburnum I
planted at the same time where it gets about 3 hours of sun is doing
beautifully. Anything that doesn't mind clay and can stand HEAT is a
bonus and hardy in zone 8A obviously!! You shade experts should be able
to help I know - all of you people are knowledgeable and helpful in the
extreme and I appreciate you all!!

P.S. my peppers made it I'm so relieved!!

thanks again y'all - you're the best!!

Pam Evans
Kemp TX/zone 8A