Re: botanical gardens

I remember visiting there - had too much "touristy" stuff for my taste, but the gardens themselves were lovely. What happened? Can't believe it was "the economy". That place has seen far worse stock markets, as old as it is. Poor management? Changing tastes? I agree with the short one - what are they going to do with all those plants? I have visions of bulldozers turning the acreage into a subdivision!
Cathy