From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of James R. Fisher
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 4:56 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Yahoo! Briefcase: tchessie's file(s)- mystery plant
going to bloom

CBRIAN wrote:
> Theresa
>
> Looks like Ornithogalum thyrsoides, not hardy up here but a great cut
flower
> for the florists.
>
> Brian Zn4
Might well be, as it appears to be going to flower white. There are
several other white ones, to wit: O.(juncifolium narbonense nutans
saundersii
umbellatum). So show us the flower spike when many flowers are open,
plus a close up of a single flower if you can.
I'll send you (and anybody else who wants) two .jpgs of
O. thyrsoides so you'll have something to compare yours with.
-jrf
--
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA