Interesting new resource and books

Hello!  Well I'm playing around on the computer after puttering in the yard.
If anyone is interested in xeriscape gardens, this place seemed pretty
interesting.  Seems it just started last week.

http://xeriscapegardening.com/main.shtml

Another topic:  books.  I've just finished the new book by that cute P.
Allen Smith fellow and it's not too bad.  His ideas about making rooms is
really not new but he is quite articulate about incorporating design
principles into garden plans.  I really liked it yet did disagree about some
things  - such as one color per room idea.  My painting background tells me
that a dab or two of a color throughout a picture can do wonders.

Another one I've read recently is the Well-Tended Perennial Garden by that
lady who must be the Lorenna Bobbitt of the gardening world!  "Hack it off"
seems to be her motto!  Okay, so I exaggerated but she really likes her
pruners!  Anyway, it's a nice reference for maintaining perenials and the
enclyclypeidia part is more than another list with plant characteristic.  It
contains her suggestions on pruning, maintanance, etc.

Fran, OKC zone 7