RE: Yahoo! Briefcase: tchessie's file(s)- mystery plantgoing to bloom

  • To: "Agardenchat" gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: RE: [CHAT] Yahoo! Briefcase: tchessie's file(s)- mystery plantgoing to bloom
  • From: "Kitty Morrissy" kmrsy@earthlink.net
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 22:31:47 -0500

Since you mention S Africa, I got out my book on Cape Bulbs.  Your photo
bears some resemblance to Bulbinella and to some of the tenderest
Ornithogalums, such as O. thyrsoides. Even sort of looks abit like O.
magnum which I can grow here.  Post a pic when the flower is fully open and
we may be able to tell more.