Re: and the rains came

You can do that in sandy soil. Spring is our rainy season in west central IL (rains in the fall, too, but not as tumultuously), but that moisture in our clay means we have to wait several days for it to dry before we have a hope of putting stuff in the ground.
Cathy, who has a lot of mail order plants in pots awaiting just that