From: cathy carpenter [mailto: cathyc@rnet.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 08:51:08 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT]roses--blackspot

17, 2003, at 04:34 AM, Melody wrote:<br><br>> Pam: Last year a couple of
the folks on the old list gave me an organic<br>> solution for blackspot
that really did seem to help...MILK! I am going<br>> to be resuming my
milk spraying program here shortly, as soon as I am<br>> done pruning
all my roses. You dilute the milk with water in your<br>> sprayer and
spray the entire plant, including underneath the leaves, as<br>> well as
the ground all around the rose bush. I used about a 1/4 <br>>
strength<br>> dilution (1 part milk to 3 parts water)...doesn't matter
what kind of<br>> milk (skim, 2%, whole). Don't know why it worked, it
just seemed to do<br>> the trick where commercial sprays didn't seem to
thing we can experience is the mysterious."<br>> --Albert

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com