From: Lynda Young <lyoung@grindertaber.com>
Sent: 04/23/03 08:18 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] Good plants gone amuck

> I love Verbena bonariensis and have it planted in several beds.  It has
always self-seeded around a bit which is fine with me.  However, in one
bed this spring we had literally hundreds and hundreds of seedlings
popping up - the bed was completely carpeted with them.  We filled two
pickle buckets with the seedlings that we pulled out.  I've had lots of
plants that seeded a little too freely, but have never seen anything
like this.  Conditions in that bed must have been absolutely perfect for
Anyone else ever experienced that with this verbena?  I may be doing
this every spring from now on, but the plant stays in my garden.
Couldn't bear to be without it.