Re: bad dove parent

I have pet doves as well as doves outside that nest.  Doves do leave the nest
on occasion for periods at a time.  It was alarming to me at first also, but
didn't seem to bother the eggs (eventual offspring) at all.
Keep an eye on them and see if she comes back at all, if she does....then all
is well.
If not...find a surrogate.  I'd take them for mine to sit on, but you are a
bit far away.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast