From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Judy L Browning
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 1:59 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Bleeding Heart

Old fashioned bleeding heart:
When my neighbor was moving hers, she just divided it with a shovel. I moved
several starts to the west side of mom's house, where they are flourishing
under the fruit trees. I also gave away starts of mine every spring for
several years. Just used a fork & lifted some roots from the side of the
clump. Never seemed to bother it. However, this year it didn't come back, so
maybe that wasn't good for it. This one seems to start from any fragment of
the tuberus root, as long as there are some of the fine roots attached.
Fern leaf bleeding heart:
Haven't tried moving this one. Will have to move one within the next few
weeks. I plan to lift it with an intact soil ball if possible and replant it
at once.
Judy B
z 6 Idaho, where April showers continue.

From: "Bonnie & Bill Morgan" <wmorgan972@ameritech.net>
...start of her red bleeding heart in