Re: WAS Royal Paulownia NOW tree topping

In a message dated 4/1/2004 1:08:09 AM Central Standard Time, mtalt@hort.net
Isn't there some organization called 'defenders of trees' or something like
that you can alert about this cruelty to trees? :->
Believe me, the Sierra Club in Memphis has its hands full.  I cannot imagine
our county ever planting trees unless it was to attract some game animal to
hunt.  Every summer they are busy pouring poison on the shoulders of the roads
to kill wild flowers, aka weeds. The electric department even sprayed some kind
of poison on the small trees under the power lines on the highway.  For over
a year now we have had these poor little brown things along the roadside. I
think a lot of the problem is that this has been an agricultural center forever.
 Somehow it seems difficult to stop pouring stuff into the ground.  You'd
think that, with all the evidence of what their chemicals have done to the ground
water, these people could learn, but apparently that's not the case.
zone 7
West TN