Re: A couple of doozies

Rich, the Cardoon is Cynara cardunculus.  It is related to the artichoke and
looks like one.  It can grow as large as 5' x 4'.  It's a good looking plant.
I have grown them before.  Love in a Puff is Cardiospermum halicacabum. It is
also known as Balloon vine and Heart seed.  It is an evergreen vine in the
tropics.  It would be an annual in your area.  I wasn't familiar with the
Ipomosis, but AHS says it grows from Texas to Florida and South Carolina and is
grown for its flowers.

zone 7
West TN