RE: Bring on spring!

Dear all,

I'm off from school this week and there hasn't been a decent gardening
day yet!  There's ice on any standing water in the yard!  Besides being
cold, it's been windy to boot!  Not a combination that makes me feel
like being outdoors!  I haven't done any spring pruning, raking, etc.
The bulbs are starting to bloom amongst the winter's left over mulch of
leaves.  I may try to prune the roses, butterfly bushes, vitex, and
other shrubs later today if it warms up a bit. My son, niece and I are
planning a trip to the Bronx Zoo tomorrow.  Of course, they are
predicting RAIN!

I have a bunch of seeds to plant, so I might as well do that this
morning. My mother-in-law is still in the hospital and I have to head
over there late afternoon. There's never enough time these days, even
with a week off!

I just found out that I'm going to have a tip published in Fine
Gardening.  I'm no writer like some of the rest of you, but I've enjoyed
getting an article or tip published here and there!

The trees are starting to show signs of life and I heard my first spring
peepers a few days ago!  Pray that I get a couple of warmer, sunny days
before school starts again on Monday!

Chris
Long Island, NY
Zone 7