Re: was Acacia, now Poncirus

Marge....Poncirus trifoliate is the root stock used here on the grafted
citrus.  There are some areas where the Poncirus has naturalized here in Texas,
many of these grow in wooded areas quite well.  They do not produce the fruit
without full sun, but they thrive.  If you don't want fruit, I'm sure that they
will grow well for you in the shadier areas.   Just not sure how hardy they
are.  Here they survive even our coldest of winters, but that has never been
anything below 20.  They are evergreen,  and even the fruit can be used in Cuban
cooking, or making an orange flavored lemonade.
Noreen