Re: lily of the valley

Thanks Judy. That's a great idea. I thought about forcing the bleeding
hearts to bloom early for Valentines Day...it's unusual and different
because that is not when they bloom and they are not the "norm" like
roses...but the heart shape is so awesome. But the lily of the valley
sounds good too. And yes, I want to do that sort of thing. At the
Farmer's Market I'll be selling potted herbs and plants that have been
started, along with cut flowers. I've got three flats of cosmos already
started and celosia and zinnias right behind them. One side of my garden
is for annuals, one is for perenials and the middle section is for
herbs.

This business kind of took my husband by surprise. He thought I had
given up on it. Shame on him. A gardener never gives up. One day, I just
went down to get my license and tax I.D. number. The next day, I
arranged to have somebody come and plow my garden...and my husband is
looking dazed and confused. LOL. I just want a simple life...that's all.
And gardening makes me so happy.

Judy L Browning <judybrowning@lewiston.com> wrote:
Jesse, we pamper other plants that aren't hardy outside. Could you put some
in a big pot & grow as a houseplant? Outside on the deck in cool weather,
inside under the airconditioner when it gets hot? Dormant in the veggie
crisper during the winter? You could sell established pots to other folks
homesick for them. Not to mention the price you could charge if you could
figure a way to force them in June. Just some thoughts. Congrats on the
business, you'll do well.

http://www.hort.net/funds/