Re: Great day... I guess

I agree. Sounds to me like next year you need to have a yard sale.

On Sunday, April 18, 2004, at 04:27 PM, Daryl wrote:

Sorry, I should have expressed myself better.

I'm just sick that 2 year old, multi-crowned gallons of 'Husker's Red' went
for $2., as did Buddleia 'Dartmoor', and Hellebores. ( Same age).

I've been fighting with the group to at least charge wholesale prices for
years. This is absolutely the last time I bring plants for the sale. Last
year I threatened to take back the 3 gallon fastigiate willows and
Hydrangeas that they wanted to price at $3. This year, I had to work, so
dropped off the plants a day ahead. I though the issue was resolved, or I
never would have brought them to the sale. I'm so mad I could spit.

Daryl

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2004 9:48 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Great day... I guess

How are y'all  pricing
your quarts and gallon perennials?
Daryl,
Do you mean how do you attach the price or what prices are we charging?
Since most of our plants are divisions donated by members, 2 gallon pots
of
the same plant might not look as good and are not priced the same. And 2
excellent lloking pots of different plants might go for different prices
if
one were more in demand, or we had less of one than the other. It's an
SOP
sort of thing.
We have a colored price chart and use colored tags to designate the most
common prices. Like an orange tag might be $3, a red $4, a blue $5. For
higher priced items for which we have no color, we use white and write the
price on it. The cashiers collect the color and white tags from the pots,
add them up and keeep them. The name of the plant is on a cut piece of
blind.
These colored tags are 6 inches long and come on a roll of 1000 perforated
for about $18. Since they're used over and over, the investment doesn't
amount to much.

Kitty

Island Jim
Southwest Florida