Re: WEATHER!! Now tornados

Yeh, been around tornados most of my life. When I lived in New Orleans,
it was the hurricanes that gave me the willies...terrible destruction. I
thought "damn, I'll take twirlies over this mess!" I guess it's what you
are used to.

james singer <jsinger@igc.org> wrote:When I worked for the federal prison system, I went to El Reno once
about a week after a tornado had torn it apart. As a California kid, I
was horrified by what I saw. I'd lived through earthquakes in
California and a hurricane in Florida by then, but I'd never seen such
damage before. Really scary. Just the thought of living there gave me
the collywobbles. I don't know how you guys do it.

On Thursday, April 22, 2004, at 09:37 AM, Jesse Bell wrote:

> Tornadoes - not in our town, but close by. We lost a BIG Pin Oak in our
> yard, hail, heavy rain and winds. My iris were just beginning to bloom
> and my bridal bouquet spirea was heavy with flowers...now they look
> pitiful. Another storm is supposed to move in tonight. Only a true
> gardener would lay awake at night praying for your gardens to be
> spared...but you know, after waiting all winter long for some color and
> life...it just hurts to watch your plants and flowers be destroyed in
> seconds flat.
> http://www.hort.net/funds/
Island Jim
Southwest Florida