Re: shade/bog gardening

Bog gardening...my favorite! Actually dream about wet shade, since I have wet full sun. Are the lilacs the cause of the shade? Most lilacs prefer well drained soil and full sun. Sounds like you may be looking for a rain garden, but here are a few wet shade loving suggestions.
Camassia leichtlinii (Quamash) and Lilium superbum (American turks cap lily)
Look into the sedges - Carex elata, nigra, and siderosticha; there are probably others
Ferns!! Dryopteris (shield ferns), Matteuccia struthiopteris (ostrich fern), Osmunda regalis (royal fern), Polystichum acrostichoides (Christmas fern)
Artemisia lactiflora 'Guizhou', Aruncus dioicus (goatsbeard), Astilbe, Astrantia major, Caltha palustris (marsh marigold) Chelone lyonii (turtlehead) Chrysogonum virginianum (green and gold), Corydalis lutea, Filipendula ulmaria (meadowsweet), Ligularia stenocephala 'The Rocket', Primula japonica (Japanese primrose), Rodgersia aesculifolia, Thalictrum rochebruneanum (meadow rue), Tricyrtis spp and cvs. (toad lilies), Veronicastrum virginicum (Culver's root), and Viola labradorica (Labrador violet).