Re: WEATHER!! Now tornados

I guess I'm really provincial here.  I don't think of sirens as connected
with tornadoes at all. They are "fire whistles" if they only sound for a few
cycles, but if they go on for more than a couple of minutes we turn on the radio
to be sure it's not an alert of some sort of disaster. There is an extensive
siren warning system originally intended to warn us of nuclear attack.  It is
regularly tested, since there is still a lot of uneasiness about the Indian
Point atomic energy plant a few miles from here. From my house I can hear these
warning sirens in three directions.
Auralie, Westchester County, NY