> From: Jesse Bell <silverhawk@flash.net>
> Geez. They get you coming and going. To get my tax I.D. for the biz
> $25.00. To get my license to sell ag-type products (vegetables or
> with roots, cut flowers) it was $25.00. In order to sell SEEDS from
> plants, that's an extra $5.00 a year. To join the Farmer's Market
> $25.00 and each day I sell I have to pay for my slot which is
$15.00. I
> better get busy if I'm gonna make any money this summer!!! OY.

Welcome to the world of small business, Jesse:-)  Everybody's got
their hand out.  Seems like the prevailing thought is that if you
have a business, you must be rich or something:-)

When we, as gardeners, complain about the price of a plant, we forget
what it costs the plant producer to just bring that child to market.

If you haven't read Tony Avent's "So You Want to Start a Nursery",
you need to get your hands on a copy.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi