Re: Fw: Alan Bloom Dies Aged 98

> You will never know if it is interesting/unique enough till you try to
> market it.... as long as you can consistently propagate it, I would try...
> Of course some big company would offer you a small token for it, but maybe
> you could at least get it named after you- (lindsey's vinca?) - although I
> think there is a similar variegated form out there already, since for some
> reason it looks familiar?

There are a couple of white variegated Vinca out there already:  'Sterling
Silver' and 'Ralph Shugert' are two that I purchased after finding this
one as a comparison.  They biggest difference is that mine doesn't have
any dark green foliage -- the darkest part is a moss green.

> Ps here you can go to the county office and find the entire history of the
> land you own. I did that before building this home, just to ensure it was
> not a graveyard or garbage dump prior to the farm land it was...

I was mostly kidding about that.  :)  The Belamcanda is actually at my
parents' house which built in 1868, so any nuclear waste was purely
accidental.  My house was built in 1939, so I think it's OK too...  :)

In all seriousness, I think the Vinca mutation was caused by RoundUp.