Re: Raccoon

Well...IMO eating raw oysters (people die from that each and every year
because of the toxins they have absorbed), crawfish and alligator are
all "ewwwww" to me...but in New Orleans..these people just snarf it up.
My neighbors always invited me to their "crawfish boils" and I always
brought my box of vegetarian pizza with me..for two reasons (a) ewwww
and (b) I'm allergic to it. The OTHER neighbor always felt like he
needed to bring me some of the fresh alligator tail he just
barbecued...and I always said, "ya'll are just toooo kind, but I just
can't...sorry". They kept thinking they would convert me...never worked.

Ever wonder how Davy Crockett got that cap? Humans got to be worse
scavengers than carrion crows. We eat some of the most god-awful stuff
and brag about it as a local delicacy.

On Apr 4, 2005, at 3:57 PM, Zemuly Sanders wrote:

> Don't laugh. Barbequed raccoon is a local favorite. I know
> this because my neighbors love to eat it.
> zem
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Donna"
> Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 8:15 AM
> Subject: Re: [CHAT] Raccoon
>

>> so is it on tonights dinner menu?
>>
>> So what treat did it loose it's freedom for?
>>
>> Donna
>>
>> --- james singer wrote:
>>> Caught it!
>>>
>>> Island Jim