Re: things that make you crazy....

Or- RSVPing and then not showing up!

Theresa

Cathy Carpenter wrote:

And how about failure to RSVP on invitations? It is close to impossible to plan a party when you have no idea how much food and drink to stock up on!
Cathy
On Thursday, April 7, 2005, at 06:18 PM, Donna wrote:

well the area I was working today is known for those
type of folks... Sure there are a lot of great folks
there too, but they would have picked up the decorated
cake for Brian's fourth birthday! (really bothers me
if I am right and this kid is without a cake! And
knowing Rob if the kids mother came in straight and
couldn't afford it, he would have given her the cake!)

But you do have a point about how carefree folks are
with appointments and such. We no longer take
appointments for our repair shop... first come, first
serve.

FWIW, yes, the bakery gives us treats, but I am sure
we are not the reciepients of all give aways. Most of
us go there for coffee in the morning and maybe a
roll. Rob also makes pizza's (nope, not for sale) and
treats us to lunch. We keep telling him he should
expand and do pizza for lunch/dinner, but nope....

Donna

--- Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center
<4042N15@nationalhearing.com> wrote:

Donna,
I didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with
that, really. It was
just the part: "> >donates > all unpicked up stuff
to us", made me think
that "all" could be quite a lot..

Regardless of how your company ends up with it or
what the bakery does with
it, your point was the 4 yr old.  I don't know why
crack heads were the
first thing to come to mind, my first impression is
that the parents just
got a better deal on a better cake somewhere else
and it was too much bother
to pick up the phone to cancel this one.  People
today have no respect for
anyone else's time.  My vet says he has no-shows all
the time. At this
hearing aid store, our clients for tests are
no-shows half the time even
though I call to confirm appointments.  When they
don't show and I call to
see if they might be on their way or if they need to
reschedule, they just
say, oh, no, we just decided not to - or - we went
somewhere else - or - oh,
yeah, I forgot - or - whatever.  They don't realize
that someone else might
have been able to fill that slot.  They don't care
that my vet has a staff
to pay and has turned clients away because his
schedule is full and then is
left standing there with empty slots.I've begun to
notice over the years
that there are more rude people around than polite
ones.  And they don't
necessarily even realize it. that's one of the
"things that make me
crazy...."

Kitty