Quiet day

Uncharacteristically so. Must be nice weather everywhere. Beautiful here. High about 80 [it's 75 now]; humidity at 53 percent. Clear blue sky. Soft breeze.

We worked in the lath house most of the day. Managed to get a lot of potting done, cuttings made, and seeds planted. Also put up some eyelets for hanging baskets, then hung the baskets. One of our small starfish cactuses--Orbea semota--is blooming so I fiddled around for the longest time trying to get a good picture of it, but I'll try again tomorrow :>).

Tomorrow we want to plant a few things, mostly cactus in an attempt to reclaim an area that we planted with poor choices several years ago, then we want to tack chicken wire [aka poultry netting] to the back fence. We've got confederate jasmine back there that sorely needs something to grow on. And god knows that fence is ugly. So maybe this is an inspired answer.

Yesterday, I picked about a half pound of wild tomatoes, so this evening Ms Fatma turned them into a no-cook pasta sauce [halved tomatoes. pitted calamata olives, crumbled feta, pine nuts, pressed garlic, olive oil. Chopped basil, cayenne pepper mill, shredded and grated romano on the side], and served it over one of those "healthy" whole wheat pastas. Could of served it over cardboard and it would have tasted good. And there's enough left for lunch tomorrow.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10