Re: need your thoughts on some plants please.

In a message dated 4/9/05 6:49:53 PM, gossiper@sbcglobal.net writes:

<< Echinacea purpurea 'doubledecker' This sure sounds like razzmatazz >>

Donna, I have dbdecker & have ordered razzmatazz and think they are very
different.  I am not an Echinacea fan & these are the only ones to be in my
garden.  I'm not sure I really like dbdecker but we will see.  Razzmatazz is
gorgeous.  I saw it in a friends garden last year & it was stunning.  We were
supposed to get Sunset but the shipment was delayed till May 15 & then until June 15
which is after we are closed so the order was canceled.
    We have Stoplight & Sunspot in the greenhouse sitting side by side and I
see little difference but perhaps a little variation in the leaf shape.
Growth habit may be different but at this early point I cannot see a difference.
    I am not taken by the Heucheras.  My favorite is still Midnight Claret
but only wish it was a bit more aggression grower.  Regina is my favorite to use
in containers.  The color of this one picks up so nicely with many other
    I think we have all learned new is not necessarily better.