Re: Beans talk

Really. What's up with that anyway? Is it just a redneck thing, or is it done in other parts of the country, too? It's very common around here, and it was done all the time in Key West.
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 10:18 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Beans talk

Hideous. Makes me angry. I get angry when I see a dog riding in the back
of a truck...there is nothing to keep him flying off if the person hit
the brakes or took a sharp turn. Grrrrrr.

Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net> wrote:
That makes me think of the St. Bernard my aunt's neighbor had. Whenever we
visited, the poor thing was chained in the driveway. I found out later the
choker chain grew right into his neck. They never upped the size as he
grew.
Kitty
neIN, Z5
----- Original Message ----- From: "A A HODGES"
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 7:24 PM

I concur, and I think anyone that abuses animals (or people) should meet a
horrible end as well. I just got an email from the Boxer rescue. They've
pulled another male from a shelter who literally has Velcro embedded in
his
skin from being chained with a too tight collar. Scabs all over, starved,
heartworms. I have absolutely NO liberal thoughts or feelings towards a
person who would treat any animal this way. The volunteer who picked him
up
from the shelter said he was a doll in the car, very quiet, and still.
Sweet as can be. Sorry, I tend to get on a soap box about this....as you
all know.

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC

when