Re: Well, today.../ Midwest Gardening

Jim,
I have grown them in old tires with straw but you could also use old grass clippings.
Tricia
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 12:32 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Well, today.../ Midwest Gardening

Hi Betsy,

Tell me about garbage cans and fingerling potatoes. At the farm, I grew red potatoes in a plywood box full of straw. I was thinking of trying it here; garbage cans would be simpler than a plywood box. Only problem may be the straw part--Florida doesn't grow any crops that make straw, at least not that I know of.