To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2005 2:58 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] This weekend in the desert

...don't tell me he is off with Mardi at some work trip... <lol>

Au contraire!  Jim hasn't brought the bus by yet!  I spent this weekend
mowing lawn, overseeding an acre of grass, and spraying creeping charlie.

Also had time while DH had to stop by Lowe's to take a quick trip through
their garden center.  Ended up with a viburnum dentatum "Ralph Senior", a
holly - ilex x meserveae "blue prince" (said to be the only male holly I
need for all my females - of which I have none at the moment.  What's not
going to happen??) and FINALLY got my hydrangea macrophylla "Nikko Blue".
Price must have come down since Endless Summer showed up.

And what do I find when we take the grass clippings up the street to the
"mulch" pile??  A holly that someone had yanked out of their yard and
deposited there!  So what's wrong with hollies??  Should I be afraid?

Chris, that link to the weird neighbor really hit home with friends of
mine!  Thanks!

Iowa z4b where the "outside air temperature" gauge is reading 85 degrees!
And here I am with no windows....