Re: Sassafras/veranda v porch

When I want it to sound bigger than it is, I say "veranda." When I want it to sound smaller than it is, I say "porch."

On Apr 20, 2005, at 12:48 AM, Cersgarden@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 4/19/05 11:23:40 PM, Cersgarden@aol.com writes:

<< It has an arctile on the
Sassafras & Hinckley >>

Sorry, again. I didn't sleep last night and it has been a long day. This
should be 'article on the Sassafras & Hinkley'.
We finished our deck today by adding the railing & benchs. You may
remember we replaced the deck floor last fall with the man made product, Trex. We
used that which has a wood grain for the flooring but all sizes of wood we
needed for the railing & benches was not available yet in the wood grain. We
had hoped it would be available this spring but it was not so used some without.
I doubt that anyone will notice but we know.
I painted my ornate metal table & 2 chairs a bright yellow. These are
placed on the brick patio just off the deck. Also painted 2 chairs for the ft
porch or excuse me, veranda, a bright yellow also. The porch swing will go up
on Thursday. BTW, I was recently part of a discussion on porch vs veranda.
Speaking as knowledgable gardeners, they said if a porch is covered it is a
veranda. What do you think?
Also, added a vertical dimension to the east side garden. I used a 8"
hollow metal column purchased at Menards, cut it into 2 unequal pcs and placed
them over wooden posts anchored in the ground. The post will add stability. I
will paint them cobalt blue. The top of each have a squared flat top where I
will place hi glazed varigated cobalt blue planted containers.
I need to get some sleep tonight otherwise 8 hrs on cement at the
greenhouse will make a long day tomarrow.
Good night, Ceres

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W