Re: Weather

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Weather
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:43:05 -0600

OUr last frost date is May 10.  However, I generally trust weather.com to be
reasonably accurate, so I could check it on May 1st and get a rough idea if
there is a chance of frost before then.  If not, I'd be confident in
planting out annuals.  Too often I run into people who think this applies to
newly purchased perennials too, but that's generally not the case, so long
as you've hardened them if they were greenhouse grown.

We've never had a snow in June here. I couldn't swear about early May, but
it would have been a fluke.  April - definite possibility, but not this
year.

Kitty