From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Cersgarden@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 9:49 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Sassafras

In a message dated 4/19/05 11:23:40 PM, Cersgarden@aol.com writes:

<<   It has an arctile on the
Sassafras & Hinckley >>

Sorry, again.  I didn't sleep last night and it has been a long day.  This
should be 'article on the Sassafras & Hinkley'.
     We finished our deck today by adding the railing & benchs.  You may
remember we replaced the deck floor last fall with the man made product,
Trex.  We
used that which has a wood grain for the flooring but all sizes of wood we
needed for the railing & benches was not available yet in the wood grain.
We
had hoped it would be available this spring but it was not so used some
without.
 I doubt that anyone will notice but we know.
    I painted my ornate metal table & 2 chairs a bright yellow.  These are
placed on the brick patio just off the deck.  Also painted 2 chairs for the
ft
porch or excuse me, veranda, a bright yellow also.  The porch swing will go
up
on Thursday.  BTW, I was recently part of a discussion  on porch vs veranda.
Speaking as knowledgable gardeners, they said if a porch is covered it is a
veranda.  What do you think?
    Also, added a vertical dimension to the east side garden.  I used a 8"
hollow metal column purchased at Menards, cut it into 2 unequal pcs and
placed
them over wooden posts anchored in the ground.  The post will add stability.
will paint them cobalt blue.  The top of each have a squared flat top where
will place hi glazed varigated cobalt blue planted containers.
    I need to get some sleep tonight otherwise 8 hrs on cement at the
greenhouse will make a long day tomarrow.
    Good night, Ceres