Re: Iris & cyclamen

Best time to move Cyclamen is when they're dormant.  They often grow
with their tubers above the soil, actually.  Take some grit or gravel
and pour it over the tuber or put a few rocks around to stop the
squirrels from digging them up...

I wouldn't squish them down if they are in growth.  Their root
systems are very wiry and extensive, I found when I went to separate
out a pot of seedlings that I'd left too long.  Took quite some time
and a LOT of heavy hosing to get those suckers apart.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Shadyside Garden Designs
Current Article: Until April 11