Re: now speaking of brugmansia

Donna wrote:
Zem (or anyone)-- how long from cutting to flower time on a brugmansia?

Seen small (and I mean small, a couple of inches and 2-3 small leaves) at a
HD type store the other night. Thought about purchasing one, but thought it
might take years to see a bloom...

Donna
I used to grow a hybrid (not Charles G.) in the tomato garden. Took
canes maybe 6" long, totally bereft of roots, stuck in the tilled bed
perhaps 1 May, and by late August had flowers (many). Most brugmansias
are high elevation, cool-growing types, and so bloom best from mid-August
to frost. In this one-man's experience, they grow 6" a day and formed
_very_ large plants.
-jrf
--
Jim Fisher