Re: Killdeer

We have them too. They hatch two sets of nests each year. You have to
really look for the babies though cause they camouflage so well and
parents try to divert your attention away from them.

Cathy Carpenter <cathy.c@insightbb.com> wrote:
Donna, do you mean killdeer? They nest on the ground and exhibit the
behaviors you describe. We have them around here, too. I wonder how
they have survived - not one I have seen nesting has ever had babies
hatch.
Cathy