Re: rabbits & deer

Kitty, we have learned through years of experience that there
are numerous things that will deter the deer for a couple of
weeks, but it is essential to keep changing the mix.  We have
used just about everything from human urine to eggs and pepper
sauce.  Nothing works for very long. Just plain dishwasher soap
works for a while, and some people swear by cakes of Irish Spring
soap, but that looks pretty tacky with cakes of soap hanging all
around, and even that doesn't work  for long.  The deer will poke
their noses between the bars of soap.  We have had most
success in small enclosed places with fishline as I described
recently to someone.

In a message dated 04/25/2005 4:49:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,