Re: Tornadic Conditions

On my way into work today, I saw about a 1/4 mile stretch of power lines
and utility poles snapped off at the base and strew together on the ground.

Preliminary reports say 63 tornados across 4 states.

I herded everyone into our storm shelter too, but was accused of
over-reacting!!! :)

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 01:52:35PM -0500, Christopher P. Lindsey wrote:
> It was a big one -- probably the worst I've seen in the past ten years!
> My parents were visiting and were just about to leave when the tornado
> sirens went off; they wouldn't believe a big storm was coming and still
> wanted to drive!
> I finally herded everyone into the basement just in time for the power to
> go out, so I rummaged around and set up my propane camping lantern.  The
> wind really started picking up then; we could hear things thumping and
> blowing around.
> After about an hour the storm let up, so we walked down the street to
> survey the damage.  Sticks and branches were everywhere and garbage cans
> were rolling around in the streets.  Three doors west of me a 30' high
> linden was snapped at the base and tossed against the house, and I found
> out today that a 60' pine across the street fell in their backyard.
> Anyhow, my parents left and I stayed up checking on the water level in
> the sump pit, bailing it out by hand as necessary until the power came
> back on around 8:30.  I need to get one of those water-powered sump pumps.
> The good news is that as far as I know, nobody was hurt.
> Chris
> Urbana, IL  61801

Babies don't need a vacation, but I still see them at the beach...  It
pisses me off!  I'll go over to a little baby and say, "What are you
doing here?  You haven't worked a day in your life!"

		 -Steven Wright