Re: more plants- where to put them... NOW Weather

I hope it stops raining there, too. Our local meteorologist says the reason for so many tornadoes in the middle of the country is due to the storms on the Pacific Coast.
zem
----- Original Message ----- From: "Theresa" <tchessie1@sbcglobal.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 9:42 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] more plants- where to put them...

I have no idea where I'm going to put most of them.  Here's another try
at the coreopsis link

http://www.anniesannuals.com/custpages_sess/wishlist/all_thumbs_wishlist.asp?searchWord=coreopsis

The bamboo I'm going to put in a huge pot on the patio (one I get the
patio laid...).  The tomato got planted.  The rest????  I have to wait
until it stops RAINING again, before I can go check everything out.  It
not supposed to spot raining until Thursday.  Poor San Joaquin county is
flooding, and I can't imagine that parts of Sacramento aren't going to
be flooded by the time Thursday gets here.  I'm given up worring and
hoping my Daphne will make it- since it seems that it is never going to
stop with the wetness here.

Theresa

Donna wrote:

Nice plants glad they are not hardy here :)

So what are you getting rid of now to make room or are
you adding on another garden area somewhere?

A couple of the links didn't work for me BTW.

Donna

--- Theresa <tchessie1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Ok- here's a link to the Choisya:
http://www.paghat.com/mexicanorange.html

Abutilon:

http://www.plantstogo.com/plantdescriptions/abutilonpictum.htm

http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=content&id=plant1008&catid=cat2

Berberis:
http://www.bucknur.com/acatalog/product_10138.html

Papaver:

http://www.anniesannuals.com/signs/p%20-%20r/papaver_commutatum_l.htm

nemophilia:

http://www.anniesannuals.com/signs/n/nemophila_menziesii_bbe.htm

coreposis: (apparently I had the name wrong- it is
Tiger Stripes)

http://www.anniesannuals.com/signs/list/parent_redirect.htm

Sophora:

http://www.nzpcn.org.nz/nz_threatenedplants/show_image.asp?PlantImageID=3982

Theresa wrote:

Hi all-

I went to the CalHort plant sale today (Now called

Specialty Nursary

Plant Sale) and thought maybe I'd get 1-2 plants.

As most of you

know, I have no room to put anything else in my

garden, and in fact am

now regularly digging things out and giving them

away as other plants

get larger and need more space.  Soooooo- my great

plan failed

miserably, and of course I brought home far more

than 1-2 plants.

Here's what I got:

Crimun sp.
Choisya t. Aztec Pearl
Chusquea culeo
Albutilon pictum Tompsonii
Berberis darwinii
Yellow calla lily
Papaver commutatum "Lady bird"
Nemophilia menziesii "Baby Blue"
Coreopsis tinctoria radiata "Tiger Sun"
Sophora longicarinata

I'll see if I can find some link with picture on

them to send next.

It was a fun day and I'm really happy with the

Albutilon and Chusquea

(bamboo).  The crinum was a steal- in a 5 gallon

pot for $9.

Theresa

To sign-off this list, send email to

majordomo@hort.net with the