From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Zemuly Sanders
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 10:57 AM
To: gardenchat
Subject: [CHAT] Michael Dirr Talk

Last night I attended a talk by Michael Dirr.  It was sponsored by the
Mid-South Hydrangea Society, of which I am a member.  He was very
informative and had many beautiful slides.  We auctioned two "Blushing
Bride" hydrangeas which will be available in limited numbers next year.  It
is an offshoot of "Endless Summer" but is (obviously) pale pink.  I really
had a good time.  I didn't have any money for the many hydrangeas that were
for sale, but I did get a copy of his hydrangea book ($25), which he
enscribed.  All in all I had a grand time.  It's not often I'm willing to
stay up until 10:00 pm, but last night was well worth it.  I am going to get
some stuff cleaned up today.
zem
zone 7
West TN