Re: Seed stratification Chris L

> Chris, I think you told me once that my Echinacea 'Meadowbrite' seeds needed cold stratification. How long?

Hi Andrea,

   Somehow I missed your message when you sent it, and then I was out of
   town.  Apologies for the late reply!

   It's tough to say if 'Meadowbrite' needs stratification or not since
   it's a hybrid -- E. purpurea *sometimes* does, and E. paradoxa (which
   is also in the parentage, I believe) always does.

   What I would do if you want them now is sow, wait a few weeks,
   and then if nothing is up stratify for two months around 40F.

   If you can afford to wait, I'd moist stratify them for two months
   in the fridge and sow them afterwards.