From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Karen Fernsler
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 12:34 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] blue jay bathing lesson

Thanks for sharing that.

I needed that.

I'd been watching Doves since March nesting in a hanging basket outside the
porch.  One of the eggs hatched and for about three days we could see the
chick being fed and happily raised and all, but after some swirly/twirly
thing went through our yard last week, the poor little thing was gone.

It took this tree with it as well:

http://lurch.ncsa.uiuc.edu/apr_2006/

The swirly/twirly went on to rip off the sheet metal of a structure 1/4 a
mile up the road, and then flatten a huge stand of trees.  This was at
1:30am, but luckily, no people were hurt!

The Dove parents are still around... I hope they try again!