From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Christopher P. Lindsey
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 8:43 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Trilliums ?

>    What species of Trillium do you have ? This is a genus rarely if
> ever mentioned on [CHAT]. I know Gene grows them; does anybody else ?

Hi Jim,

   I've got a quite a few, but most of mine are of the alkaline soil
   variety.  I've killed many of the ones that prefer acidic soil.

   I have T. erectum, T. grandiflorum, T. luteum, T. stamineum,
   T. vaseyi, T. flexipes, T. ovatum, and T. recurvatum.

   That said, I was just admiring the 54 pots of trilliums I was
   putting outside; the T. grandiflorum are amazing, reaching 1'
   high with multiple stalks and blooms.  I want to take a picture
   tomorrow just because it's so cool.  :)

Chris