Re: epis

I really got into them after reading an article about Daryl Probst. I ordered mine directly from his Garden Vision and they all did well. One has died, but I think that was placement.

I love these spring darlings, but I'm just too busy in spring to really get to enjoy them. I smile every time I see my Spring Vetchling. Need to photograph her too before she's done.

neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 10:23 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] epis

Chris mentioned Epimediums before.  I have several in bloom now.
I grow:
pinnatum  ssp colchicum
alpinum 'Rubrum'
x versicolor 'Versicolor'
diphyllum 'Roseum'
x youngianum 'John Gallagher'

How well do you like your Epimediums?

I was on an Epimedium kick a while back and got all kinds, but I probably
lost half of them.  It really bummed me out and I cut back afterwards.
Still, they're nice to see in the spring.  :)

Here's what I'm growing now:

  Epimedium grandiflorum 'Crimson Beauty'
  Epimedium grandiflorum var. higoense
  Epimedium x warleyense 'Orangekonigin'