Erythronium, Gene?

> I'm fairly certain it is an Erythronium.  I've wondered off and on over the
> years, and in a moment of clarity I recalled planting E. dens-canis there,
> but it didn't come up the first year and I forgot about it.  More recently
> I've noticed the the leaves spreading, but my 'clarity' disappeared and I
> forgot about the dogtooth violet planting.  That was long ago before I
> began marking plants.  It has never flowered.  I wonder if I should move
> it.  My E. x pagoda does well in another part of the garden.

Cool!

My 'Pagoda' does well too, but I've had similar luck with the other
Erythroniums -- they just put up foliage.

My Mom (who waters a lot more than me) gets blooms and the woods nearby
that flood in the spring are also blanketed with flowers, so I'm guessing
that they need more moisture than I provide.

Gene, you're the shade expert!  What do you think?

Chris