Re: More flower pics

I'd like to have some too, but I wonder if it would tolerate the humid nights here. The Lithodora that is. What do you guys think? I've never seen it til now. Beautiful, as is the rest of your garden Theresa. I love that shot of the white calla and clerodendrum. Looks like a painting.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Theresa" <tchessie1@sbcglobal.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2006 10:37 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] More flower pics

Hi Pam-  I think this would grow fine at your house, it's OK down to
zone 6 and mine is in blazing afternoon sun.  Apparently there are
several cultivars of Lithodora diffusa- I think mine is Heavenly Blue
(in part because that sounds familiar).  I'm trying to remember where I
got mine from, because I'd like to get a couple more myself.  It is the
most stunning blue colored flower I've ever seen.  The only other blue
that is similar is on one of my salvias, but since the Lithodora makes
such a dense mat of color it is even more eye catching.

Theresa

Pam Evans wrote:

Beautiful pics Theresa.  I'd love to know what that blue ground cover is
too, I'd have to get some!

The grndcvr looks a bit like Lithadora 'Grace Ward'

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5