From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Daryl
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 5:03 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] blue jay bathing lesson NOW Cedar

 If it's not yet been turned into mulch, ask the tree guy to cut lots of
tree "cookies"  for you.  These are discs sliced across the tree. You can
use them for an amazing number of things- table tops, stepping "stones" ,
wall plaques, etc. You can also have them leave a stump at a convenient
height for use as a bird feeder, planter base, or solar lamp stand. It will
last for a long time.

Daryl (tree hugger)