Re: unseasonable cold front

It has been below freezing every night here for the past 3 days and
forecast is for at least another 3 nights. Tonight it is supposed to
get to 18, setting a new record for the date. Unfortunately, the
previous warm weather fooled many plants into breaking dormancy. Many
woodies have new leaves that will probably be toast. I have a couple
of young shrubs planted last fall that may not be well enough
established to re-leaf. Depressing.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b